Expectant parent place their trust in an OB-GYN to provide high standards of care during pregnancy. When those standards are breached, a newborn child can be seriously injured or die prior to or during delivery. The attorneys at Burgos and Associates, take a personalized approach in handling complex and emotionally charged injury claims involving OB-GYN malpractice.
Birth injuries can take many forms including but not limited to:
- Misdiagnosis during or after pregnancy
- Delivery room errors resulting in fetal distress or brain damage
- Surgical errors during a C-section
- Other surgical procedures resulting in injuries to the mother or child
If you or someone you know has suffered from a birth injury before, during, or immediately following the birthing process call the attorneys at Burgos and Associates today at (504) 488-3722 or fill out the contact form below to schedule your free consultation.
One of the most common forms of medical malpractice is misdiagnosis. Misdiagnosis can lead to expensive, unnecessary, and potentially harmful tests and treatments that worsen a patient’s condition or create new health problems.
Common types of misdiagnosis include but are not limited to:
- Wrong diagnosis
- Missed diagnosis
- Failure to recognize complications
- Failure to diagnose a related disease
- Failure to diagnose an unrelated disease
- Misdiagnosis in the Emergency Room
If you or someone you know has been misdiagnosed call the attorneys at Burgos and Associates today at (504) 488-3722 or fill out the contact form below to schedule your free consultation.
Prescription drug errors can happen at any point in the drug distribution chain, from manufacturing to filling of a prescription. Adverse drug reactions are one of the most common forms of medical-related injuries.
There are a number of ways that a medical professional could make a prescription error including but not limited to:
- Prescribed or given the wrong medication
- Receiving medication meant for someone else
- Given the wrong dosage of medication
- Receiving unnecessary medication due to a misdiagnosis
- Medical equipment failure that leads to incorrect dosing
- Does not warn patients about harmful side effects
- Failure to catch harmful drug interactions
- Failure to catch allergic reactions
If you or someone you know has suffered due to a prescription error, call the attorneys at Burgos and Associates today at (504) 488-3722 or fill out the contact form below to schedule your free consultation.
There are risks to any surgery. A patient can suffer a serious injury or die even if the doctor and the hospital staff did everything they were supposed to do. However, if you suffered an injury due to a preventable surgical error, the provider may be guilty of malpractice.
There are several types of surgical errors that may constitute malpractice including but not limited to:
- Insufficient Preparation
- Wrong Site Surgery
- Wrong Patient/Unnecessary Surgery
- Surgical Instruments Left in Body
- Damage to Internal Organs
- Anesthesia errors during surgery
If you are unsure about your case or simply have questions regarding a Surgical Error, call the attorneys at Burgos and Associates today at (504) 488-3722 or fill out the contact form below to schedule your free consultation.